The Prime Minister has announced that from 11.59pm on Tuesday 7 September we will move to Alert Level 2.
Dear KSS Whānau,
Yes – we are back in business! As of Thursday 9 September, we open our doors and welcome back out tamariki under Level 2.
Please carefully read our KSS Level 2 – Pandemic Protocols and Safety Plan 2021. If you have any further questions or concerns please contact your whānau teacher.
There will not be any online teaching on Wednesday so the teachers can prepare for the students to return. Bubble groups will operate as one group in Mataī with two relievers and three teacher aides.
If you borrowed a school iPad and charger these all need to be dropped at the Tari (Office) by Friday.
1. Schools are open to everyone, and all children must attend.
At Alert Level 2 the disease is contained but there is still a risk of community transmission. It is safe for children and staff to attend school and for school hostels to be operating as there will be appropriate measures in place, including for children and staff vulnerable to severe illness.
2. Learning will be onsite with distance learning offered in some circumstances.
Distance learning should be provided for those required to self-isolate, those individuals who health authorities have asked to stay away while waiting for a test result, or those choosing to remain at home because they are vulnerable to illness.
3. Schools are not classified as gatherings and a range of events and activities can go ahead.
For most day to day activities at schools, the rules for gatherings do not apply. Under the COVID-19 Public Health Response Order, schools are exempted from physical distancing requirements when people are there to receive, provide, or support education services.
However as soon as your event or activity brings people onsite who are not there for education purposes, including students, parents and caregivers, then the rules for gatherings do apply. This would include performances such as school plays, cultural events and sporting activities.
4. Face coverings are not required at school or on any school transport.
This includes charter buses hired by the school to transport students and staff. Anyone who chooses to wear a face-covering in any setting should be supported to do so. People over the age of 12 are recommended to wear a face mask.
5. Sick people must stay at home.
They should seek medical advice if they have COVID-like symptoms and get tested if advised to do so. If that person displays relevant symptoms of COVID-19, tests positive for COVID-19, or has been in close contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19, they must self-isolate.
6. You must have a contact tracing system in place.
This includes displaying QR code posters at your entrances, your timetable, attendance register and visitor register.
Please use the QR Code at the school gate or check-in using the Skool Loop APP or use our paper register.
7. Fundamental public health measures continue to apply at every alert level:
- Physical distancing (not touching and not breathing on each other at Alert Level 2)
- Hand hygiene
- Cough and sneeze etiquette
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting high touch surfaces.
See you all soon!
The KSS Team
By Mike Molloy
- KSS Level 2 – Pandemic Protocols and Safety Plan 2020 PDF, 147.9 KB